Being aware of the best place to turn for the latest, most dependable information on COVID-19, particularly as it relates to older adults and family caregivers, is very important – and can be puzzling. With so many sources and different viewpoints on this subject, our senior home care team wants to help make it simpler to find what you need by sharing the following list of reliable resources.
- COVID-19 Guidance for Seniors: The CDC’s COVID-19 Guidance for Older Adults web page consists of a great deal of information, including help identifying who is at higher risk, symptoms, information on how to take care of yourself, a checklist for your home, stress and anxiety coping tips, and so much more.
- Coronavirus: What the Elderly and People with Disabilities Need to Know: ACL provides information on what seniors and those with disabilities should be aware of to reduce the risk of contracting and spreading the disease, along with symptoms, state-by-state regulations, and a thorough listing of federal and non-federal resources.
- AARP Answers Frequently Asked Questions About COVID-19: AARP keeps an ongoing bulleted list of all of the latest news linked to COVID-19, plus what seniors can do to decrease their likelihood of contracting it and answers to a number of common questions.
- Resources and Articles for Caregivers on COVID-19 Safety: The Family Caregiver Alliance offers caregiver-specific resources and information to help family members increase the protection of the seniors within their care.
- Comprehensive Commonly Asked Questions List on Family Caregiver COVID-19 Issues: DailyCaring, an award-winning website focused on caregivers, created a common questions page to supply answers to a large number of questions, such as safety measures to take when visiting an older adult’s house, the very best way to sanitize packages, proper hand-washing techniques, and more.
- NAHC COVID-19 Senior Care Resources: The National Association for Home Care & Hospice advocates for seniors who receive in-home care, and also for individuals who provide that care. Their COVID-19 resource page shares articles, webinars, interactive tools, and more.
For additional resources to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, and for safe, dependable, in-home care to enhance wellness and comfort for the seniors you adore, get in touch with Live Well at Home today. Following a strict protocol to ensure the safety of the elderly we serve, we can assist with a wide range of senior home care services, which include:
- Buying groceries and running other errands, to enable seniors to remain safe in the home
- Planning and preparing wholesome meals
- Companionship to help ease isolation and stress through social interaction, movies, hobbies/interests, games, puzzles, and more
- Keeping the house thoroughly clean and sanitized
- Medication reminders
- Specialized care for individuals with dementia
- And many others
Contact Live Well at Home, the most trusted providers of in home care in Folsom, CA and the surrounding areas, at 916-459-3220 for a consultation in the safety and comfort of home, to find out more about our professional senior home care services.