Support Group Information
Are you feeling overwhelmed or lost regarding strategies for care of your elder loved one and services to help meet their care needs?
Do you feel as if few, if any, others understand what you are enduring as a caregiver?
Would you like a place where you can feel understood, supported and empowered with information to help meet the needs of your aging loved one?
Support / Education groups were other individuals with these same challenges and experiences share, and learn from each other may be just the way to provide the support, education and compassionate understanding that you need while helping you to feel that you are not alone in the task of caregiving.
Support / Education groups give caregivers ideas for sustaining themselves in order to continue coping, if not thriving, with the task of caregiving.
Support / Education groups offer caregivers crucial ways to make meaning of their caregiver experiences, share hard-earned wisdom and root one another on.
Live Well At Home is proud to host two caregiver support groups a month at their office, facilitated by their Social Worker, Larry Dawes, who has over 25 years of experience working with the aging community.
Here is information on these two support groups, we look forward to seeing you there.
Live Well At Home “Family and Friends Caregiver Support Group”
General information about this support group:
- Open to all family members and caregivers of those caring for, or involved with, dependent older adults.
- Drop-ins are very welcome.
- This support group is a free community offering of The Live Well At Home Home Care and Care Management programs.
- The goal of this support group is to:
- Provide a safe, confidential and supportive environment for caregivers to share their concerns and frustrations.
- Learn from other caregivers who have walked in their shoes and developed meaningful strategies for caregiving.
- Learn about resources that can provide further support to both the caregiver and the individual (s) they’re caring for.
- This support group is facilitated by Larry Dawes, MSW – CMC, social worker and Certified Geriatric Care Manager.
- Eskaton Live Well At Home Office (Training Room)
8525 Madison Avenue, Suite 150
- Fair Oaks, CA – 95628
- 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM the Second Wednesday of every month.
- Larry Dawes – (916) 459-3213