In the course of growing older, many seniors start to experience difficulties with day-to-day activities, like bathing, dressing, planning and preparing meals, and driving safely, which can lead to the fear that the end result will be a loss of independence, and perhaps even the loss of living at home as well. However, there is good news for you and your aging parents: in-home senior care services, such as those offered by Live Well at Home providing caregivers in Sacramento, CA and the surrounding areas, can actually enhance independence for seniors and help them continue with the opportunity to live at home, where they’re most comfortable.
To better understand more about home care services, we’ve compiled the following primer on in-home care:
- Senior care at home is provided on an individualized basis, leading to highly personalized attention.
- A home caregiver fosters healthier living. In-home care providers are skilled in preparing healthy, delicious meals that are catered to the individual’s particular taste and dietary restrictions. Caregivers can also monitor the amount of food consumed.
- A personalized, regular exercise program can be implemented with the help of an in-home caregiver, providing the extra safety measure of a skilled professional on hand during exercise.
- Home care enhances both dignity and independence, crucial factors for a happier life. Home care (especially private pay home care) provides individualized care particular to the needs of the senior on any given day, regardless of whether the need is for simply companionship, or for something more complex, such as help with personal care needs.
- The added advantage of transportation to and from appointments, social events or errand-running gives families more opportunity for quality time together.
- Non-medical in-home care is not, however, the most appropriate level of care for seniors in need of medication administration or other types of skilled medical care, such as wound care. A home health care agency can be engaged instead for these types of services. Private duty caregivers can provide reminders to seniors when it’s the right time to take their medications.
Elder Care Sacramento Families Need
We welcome the opportunity to talk with you and your family in more detail about the advantages of in-home senior care for your loved one. If you or your loved one is looking for excellent elder care in Sacramento or the surrounding area, call us today at 916-459-3220 or contact us online to learn more about our high quality Sacramento in-home care services.