Alzheimer’s Association Caregiver Support Group:
General information about this support group:
- Open to all family members and caregivers of those caring for, or involved with, individuals suffering from Alzheimer’s and Alzheimer’s type dementias.
- No need to call first; just show up.
- This support group is a free community offering of the local chapter of the National Alzheimer’s Association.
- The goal of this support group is to:
- Provide as safe and supportive environment for caregivers, caring for those with dementias, to share their concerns and frustrations.
- Learn from other caregivers who have walked in their shoes and developed meaningful strategies for caregiving.
- Learn about resources that can provide further support to both the caregiver and the individual (s) they’re caring for.
- This support group is facilitated by:
- Larry Dawes, MSW – CMC, social worker, Certified Geriatric Care Manager and Alzheimer’s Association Trained, Caregiver Support Group Facilitator.
- Taryn Benson, MA and Alzheimer’s Association Trained Caregiver Support Group Facilitator
- Eskaton Live Well At Home Office (Training Room)
8525 Madison Avenue, Suite 150
Fair Oaks, CA – 95628
- 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM the Third Wednesday of every month.
- Larry Dawes
Phone: 1 (916) 459-3213
- Denise Davis
Phone: 1(800) 272-3900