Older adults diagnosed with mesothelioma have a variety of options when it comes to treatment. The type of care your loved one receives will be determined after a doctor or specialist evaluates him or her. Since each older adult’s diagnosis is unique, treatment will vary on an individual basis. While there is no specific treatment that cures mesothelioma, an early diagnosis and aggressive treatment can lead to your loved one going into remission. …
Being aware of the best place to turn for the latest, most dependable information on COVID-19, particularly as it relates to older adults and family caregivers, is very important – and can be puzzling. With so many sources and different viewpoints on this subject, our senior home care team wants to help make it simpler to find what you need by sharing the following list of reliable resources.
- COVID-19 Guidance for Seniors: The CDC’s COVID-19 Guidance for Older Adults web page contains a wealth of information, including assistance in determining who is at higher risk, symptoms, advice on how to care for yourself, a home checklist, stress and anxiety coping methods, and much more.
- Coronavirus: What the Elderly and People with Disabilities Need to Know: ACL provides information on what seniors and those with disabilities should be aware of to reduce the risk of contracting and spreading the disease, along with symptoms, state-by-state regulations, and a thorough listing of federal and non-federal resources.
- AARP Answers Frequently Asked Questions About COVID-19: AARP keeps an ongoing bulleted list of all of the latest news linked to COVID-19, plus what seniors can do to decrease their likelihood of contracting it and answers to a number of common questions.
- Resources and Articles for Caregivers on COVID-19 Safety: The Family Caregiver Alliance offers caregiver-specific resources and information to help family members increase the protection of the seniors within their care.
- Comprehensive Commonly Asked Questions List on Family Caregiver COVID-19 Issues: DailyCaring, an award-winning website focused on caregivers, created a common questions page to supply answers to several of questions, such as safety measures to take when visiting an older adult’s house, the very best way to sanitize packages, proper hand-washing techniques, and more.
- NAHC COVID-19 Senior Care Resources: The National Association for Home Care & Hospice advocates for seniors who receive in-home care, and also for individuals who provide that care. Their COVID-19 resource page shares articles, webinars, interactive tools, and more.
For additional resources to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, and for safe, dependable, in-home care to enhance wellness and comfort for the seniors you adore, get in touch with Live Well at Home today. Following a strict protocol to ensure the safety of the elderly we serve, we can assist with a wide range of senior home care services, which include:
- Buying groceries and running other errands, to enable seniors to remain safe in the home
- Planning and preparing wholesome meals
- Companionship to help ease isolation and stress through social interaction, movies, hobbies/interests, games, puzzles, and more
- Keeping the house thoroughly clean and sanitized
- Medication reminders
- Specialized care for individuals with dementia
- And many others
Contact Live Well at Home, the most trusted providers of in home care in Folsom, CA and the surrounding areas, at 916-459-3220 for a consultation in the safety and comfort of home, to find out more about our professional senior home care services.
The Live Well at Home team was thrilled to learn that they were voted the Best Home Care in Roseville by the readers of the Roseville/Granite Bay Press Tribune for the second straight year. “It is a testament to the enthusiasm and hard work of the almost 200 care employees of Live Well at Home” Tom Bollum, Executive Director of Live Well at Home by Eskaton said. To read more, click here.
Caring.com is shining a light on the top in-home care agencies in the country, and Live Well at Home is excited to be one of their Caring Stars!
Only 11 California home care agencies were selected as “Caring Stars” for 2017 as part of an annual nationwide program honoring service excellence based on consumer ratings and reviews posted on Caring.com. Live Well at Home has the honor of being the only Caring Star recipient in Placer County.
The Caring Stars program uses consumer ratings and reviews to honor home care agencies in the United States. Since 2012, the Caring Stars award has helped many family caregivers and older adults find the best senior living communities for their senior care needs, and this year marks the first year that home care agencies have been added to the awards.
To qualify as a 2017 Caring Star, these highly rated senior living communities and in-home care agencies had to:
- Have 10 or more consumer reviews on their Caring.com listing, with an overall average rating of 4.5 or higher (on a scale of 1 to 5);
- Receive 3 or more reviews between October 1, 2015 – September 30, 2016, including at least one that was posted during 2016 and at least one that had a 5-star rating; and
- Respond to every negative review they had ever received on Caring.com.
“We are beyond pleased to know that our caregivers and our home care services truly make a difference in the lives of our clients,” said Tom Bollum, Executive Director. “This award is a reflection of our commitment to help seniors and family caregivers receive the best possible care and improve their quality of life.”
About Live Well at Home
Live Well at Home by Eskaton is Sacramento’s premier choice for in-home senior care services. Live Well at Home’s Sacramento home care experts bring an innovative approach to in-home care for seniors utilizing care navigators, care management, non-medical home care and home accessibility & modifications to provide a continuum of care not found anywhere else. To learn more about Live Well at Home by Eskaton, call 800-478-1209.